Aerial Photography in Oaxaca, Mexico
As a foot launched motorized vehicle, the powered paraglider (PPG) offers a very versitle opportunity for professional photography and video.
The advantages are:
1) The ability to launch and land in small areas, 50 to 100 yards which allows us to approach the filming site from a short distance.
2) Because the powered paraglider is a foot launched vehicle there is no need to have a paved or perfectly flat area to take off or land.
3) The glider flies at a cruising speed of approximately 25 to 40 km/hour which allows us to record detailed and precise images.
This has proven to be one of the most convenient, affordable, and immediate ways of taking pictures from the air. As in all air sports weather and terrain will decide the what the restrictions and alternatives will be.
There are two basic approaches to professional filming:
1) In a PPG tandem (flying with a passenger), which allows the photographer to fly along with the pilot , or
2) Solo, which requires the pilot to operate the still or video camera while flying. For these concerns a mount with a steady cam is usually set up for the pilot.
With the availability of aerial photography, anyone can make his cheap vacations to Cyprus or Mexico, or anywhere in the world extraordinarily special.